Board index Electronic Cigarettes Mods Variable Voltage Mods iTaste SVD on the way

iTaste SVD on the way

Learn everything you need to know about variable voltage mods and how to properly use them.
Senior Moderator
Has liked: 2148 times
Been liked: 4198 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
23 Apr 2012
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:33 am
Nev NYC wrote:So after watching a few more videos I'm getting a little worried about the threads on the telescoping tube. Both GrimmGreen and Field of Vapor showed how the threads were made bigger in the production version than in the original version that was sent out for reviews. I hate mods that rattle. My Sigelei zmax mini and Smoktech SiD suffer from the fire button rattle and it drives me crazy. The GF uses them both way more than I do for that specific reason. Can anyone that has one tell me how bad the rattle is from experience with theirs?

I have one of the first production models from a pre-order.

And once the battery is installed not a rattle in the whole darn thing. I think the design uses the battery for structural integrity.

The whole darn thing is very solid.

One thing I have noticed is that the power button on the SVD is the most sensitive of all my mods and it does not take much pressure to activate it. I have noticed a couple of times when I have laid mine down on the passenger seat of my car, if it lays on the cushioned seat just right (or wrong) it will activate and will shut down (as it is supposed to ) if I don't catch it in time.

I think you will like it very much.

It's all mind over matter. If no one seems to mind, it really doesn't matter!

unclerj
Olympian Vaper
Progress to next rank:
8.4%
Has liked: 1104 times
Been liked: 1166 times

USA
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:43 pm
I never really had an interest in this mod, read about it, or watched any reviews but made the buy just solely on hearing feedback from what ppl think if theirs. Mostly from members here. Now that I've been doing the research on it, wow there is so much controversy surrounding it. Does FT sell fakes, does innoken use different vendors for parts supplies, are there more than 2 production runs, does it rattle, does it vibrate on occasion when you fire, do US vendors have the same inconsistencies in design with their models as does FT, etc? Even with all the unanswered questions about it still nobody has a complaint about actual performance. I guess that's all that matters at the end of the day. I guess soon enough I'll be able to see what all the buzz is about first hand. Hey for $38 I could care less as long as its a sturdy durable mod that performs well.
Senior Moderator

USA
Smoke Free Since:
23 Apr 2012
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:04 pm
Nev NYC wrote:I never really had an interest in this mod, read about it, or watched any reviews but made the buy just solely on hearing feedback from what ppl think if theirs. Mostly from members here. Now that I've been doing the research on it, wow there is so much controversy surrounding it. Does FT sell fakes, does innoken use different vendors for parts supplies, are there more than 2 production runs, does it rattle, does it vibrate on occasion when you fire, do US vendors have the same inconsistencies in design with their models as does FT, etc? Even with all the unanswered questions about it still nobody has a complaint about actual performance. I guess that's all that matters at the end of the day. I guess soon enough I'll be able to see what all the buzz is about first hand. Hey for $38 I could care less as long as its a sturdy durable mod that performs well.

Dude, Everyone has an opinion just as sure that everyone has an A?ole

I tend to think that this one would be too expensive to fake just from the standpoint of setting up the machinery to make a copy.

And no doubt that Innokin farms out orders for the individual components. Just like we do here in the good old US of A!

As far as production runs, heck, they must be at least on their 3rd by now. Just the way production works as they have to take production off line for a bit to service the equipment that makes the suckers. As well as making modifications to improve the initial design.
All I have to offer is the fact that I love mine to death.

Built solid, no rattles, no vibrations.

Press button and vape comes out of my PT.

Me happy!

unclerj
Olympian Vaper
Progress to next rank:
8.4%

USA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:36 pm
So per USPS tracking info, its sitting in my mailbox waiting for me.. Wish I could leave work early to go play with it. I guess I can wait another 3 hours.
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
91.2%
Has liked: 1217 times
Been liked: 1265 times

United States
Smoke Free Since:
20 Feb 2013
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:14 pm
Nev NYC wrote:So per USPS tracking info, its sitting in my mailbox waiting for me.. Wish I could leave work early to go play with it. I guess I can wait another 3 hours.

You can, but it's going to feel like more than 3 hours. :)
Senior Moderator

USA
Smoke Free Since:
23 Apr 2012
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:40 pm
Hopefully you have a battery charged and waiting for it!

The instructions seem a bit daunting at first but make perfect sense once you play with it for a bit.

Two hints for you.

The tube threading is really fine so it takes a lot of time to adjust. Seems like it is turning but not moving. But it is.

Also, the first time I installed the battery, I could not change the settings and "LOC" was what the display said. Just press both of the adjustment buttons (5 seconds I think) to unlock and then you can change the mode and adjust.

I hope you like yours as much as I like mine which I am using right now!

unclerj
Olympian Vaper
Progress to next rank:
8.4%

USA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:56 pm

That's a big ass mod! It's huge!!(that's what she said):-):-):-)
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
1%
Has liked: 659 times
Been liked: 834 times

US
Smoke Free Since:
04 May 2012
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:08 pm
UncleRJ wrote:
Nev NYC wrote:So after watching a few more videos I'm getting a little worried about the threads on the telescoping tube. Both GrimmGreen and Field of Vapor showed how the threads were made bigger in the production version than in the original version that was sent out for reviews. I hate mods that rattle. My Sigelei zmax mini and Smoktech SiD suffer from the fire button rattle and it drives me crazy. The GF uses them both way more than I do for that specific reason. Can anyone that has one tell me how bad the rattle is from experience with theirs?

And once the battery is installed not a rattle in the whole darn thing. I think the design uses the battery for structural integrity.

One thing I have noticed is that the power button on the SVD is the most sensitive of all my mods and it does not take much pressure to activate it. I have noticed a couple of times when I have laid mine down on the passenger seat of my car, if it lays on the cushioned seat just right (or wrong) it will activate and will shut down (as it is supposed to ) if I don't catch it in time.

Mine is also from the first run and super solid. Once tightened with a batt there's no rattle but my button isnt sensitive. I have to firmly push mine or sometimes it will stop firing halfway through vaping or just not fire. It isnt bad just starting to show its age like my old zmax.
There's more leg room on the short bus.
Olympian Vaper
Progress to next rank:
8.4%

USA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:12 pm
mrcrunch08 wrote:
UncleRJ wrote:

Mine is also from the first run and super solid. Once tightened with a batt there's no rattle but my button isnt sensitive. I have to firmly push mine or sometimes it will stop firing halfway through vaping or just not fire. It isnt bad just starting to show its age like my old zmax.

Do the buttons on the sides rattle just a bit?
Senior Moderator

USA
Smoke Free Since:
23 Apr 2012
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:48 pm
Mine do not.

The whole thing is rock solid!

How is it vaping for you?

From the picture I am guessing an 18350?

unclerj
PreviousNext