Board index Electronic Cigarettes Reviews The Zmax by Sigelei Review

The Zmax by Sigelei Review

Post a review of your own, share one from YouTube or talk about our reviews. All product reviews are welcome!
Advanced Contributor
Progress to next rank:
28.5%
Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 378 times

United States
Smoke Free Since:
30 Jun 2012
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:18 pm
I bought the Sigelei Z-Max which some are calling the Smax. I purchased the kit from http://www.varitube.com for $89.95 but he now sells the tube only for $79.95. FREE shipping
http://www.varitube.com/zmax.html The stock is very low as of right now but they are expecting more next week ;)

First let me say that I was impressed w/ VariTube.com. . While VariTube is a little new to the game and while he doesn't carry everything under the sun, the site is very easy to navigate. The "Smax" took 3 days to arrive which was really good considering it was free shipping. It was packaged very well and there was a note on the invoice thanking me for my purchase (nice touch).

The kit. . It comes in a nice box. . The Tube, 1 18650 battery cap, 1 18350 battery cap, 2 18650 2200mAH batt's, charger, clearomizer, inspection card (interesting) and. .. Instructions which I was impressed with as I have never recieved instructions w/ any device. The instructions are "interesting". . "In this guide we will explain how to change settings. It's easy and funny!" Really!! :lol:
Getting past the translation issues.. The instructions are pretty good and can help someone to understand how to operate the device with the help of the OLED screen which makes it very easy for someone who has never used one of these devices. Going from a Vmax to the 'Smax' is like night and day where the screen is conserned and can be figured out w/o the instructions but atleast they are included.
Note: I don't think that the instructions are included when buying the tube only. :?:

The device seems to be well built but that might be the fact that it is heavey due to being made of stainless steel. It is larger than my Vmax, taller and diameter.

The option to use clearomizers is nice and the ones I used worked fine except one and that was a friends that had been over tightened to much and the post wasn't making contact which I can see happening cause where the fireing pin is it doesn't allow contact untill something is screwed all the way down. . Doesn't have the "resistance" before being tight like most other devices. It has worked fine w/ everything I own but something to keep in mind w/ some rebuildables.

I like the fact that the kit came w/ both battery caps as I like using 2 18350 Efest batteries which is a plus. . Not sure if it comes w/ both caps if you buy the tube only. . Would be a question to ask before purchase. The batteries/charger that came with the kit are "ok" batteries/charger and will work for someone whom doesn't already have them but I can't coment as to how well they work.

While I am one who changes the voltage during the day to vary the vape it has been nice to have the power (wattage) option and that is where it is set and it is also GREAT to be able to set the device at the wattage that I want and think it should be at and can now tell someone what the actual volt/power is set at instead of. . Well it is set at 3.9v but that would be closer to 5v on another device or what ever the actual voltage of the Vmax was, lol

The device is very heavey but not to bad, just something to keep in mind. It is also polished and it is a finger print magnet and very smooth.

The small ie minor things that some other people have said about the 'Smax' are true. . the screen could be better as far as the readout and a few other things. . IMO, those are minor things and while changing them would improve the device I can't see it bothering me.

As for how long the device will last. . I can't say. If you take care of you devices then, IMO, it should last for a while but I can't say how long it will actually last.

Would I recomend this device: Hmmm. . Yes and Maybe. . I would recomed this to someone who is looking for something to take them to the "next" level and get in to vari Watt. . would I recomend this to someone who is vaping with a cig-a-like, Maybe. . That would depend on the person and how much they would want to spend. Is this something that you will need. . Nope. . Want. . Yuuup :twisted:

Over all, I like the device and it has been working very well since I opened the box and I am glad I made the purchase but the wife isn't. . LOL

Jay
Quit or DIE. . I choose. . VAPE and LIVE!!!!
Senior Moderator
Has liked: 830 times
Been liked: 1697 times

Smoke Free Since:
10 Jun 2010
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:45 pm
Awesome review. People have really been hitting the reviews hard today, great job!
E-CigAdvanced Moderator

Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds.
Buddha
Community Moderator
Has liked: 5048 times
Been liked: 5536 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
28 Feb 2011
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:36 pm
Great review! I just saw PBusardo's review last night and yours is every bit as good!
Heroic Vaper
Progress to next rank:
35.2%
Has liked: 2625 times
Been liked: 3227 times

United States
Smoke Free Since:
28 Dec 2011
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:35 pm
just 2 things I was curious about. Is the screen straight. Does it look like it is in there well and does the 510 connection seem like it can come unattached. Those were the 2 concerns i had read which are basically just QC issues but was wondering if you had the issues?
Senior Moderator
Has liked: 2147 times
Been liked: 4197 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
23 Apr 2012
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:01 pm
Very NIce Indeed!

Since is near Xmas you can send mine to..........

:mrgreen:

It's all mind over matter. If no one seems to mind, it really doesn't matter!

unclerj

Contributor
Progress to next rank:
58%
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 52 times

usa
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:04 pm
I just ordered one. Even though it won't take a T3. Soon as I got the comfirmation I found a deal on a "Robust" which I like. Anyone have info on the Robust?
Advanced Contributor
Progress to next rank:
28.5%

United States
Smoke Free Since:
30 Jun 2012
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:14 pm
MSV8PR wrote:just 2 things I was curious about. Is the screen straight. Does it look like it is in there well and does the 510 connection seem like it can come unattached. Those were the 2 concerns i had read which are basically just QC issues but was wondering if you had the issues?

The screen looks fine and seems straight. . As far as the connector, seems good and tight, no movement or anything.

Jay
Advanced Contributor
Progress to next rank:
28.5%

United States
Smoke Free Since:
30 Jun 2012
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:18 pm
kimbo wrote:I just ordered one. Even though it won't take a T3. Soon as I got the comfirmation I found a deal on a "Robust" which I like. Anyone have info on the Robust?

This is much better than the Robust but they are different devices. Wgile I like the looks of it the low amp turned me off of it ;)

Jay
Advanced Member
Progress to next rank:
16%
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 39 times

usa
Smoke Free Since:
01 Dec 2012
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:10 am
Junk Falls apart weak connection

Contributor
Progress to next rank:
58%
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 52 times

usa
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:45 am
Thanks for the input on the Robust. Hoping to be pleased with the Sigelei. The PB review did it for me and the price was right.
Next