Board index Electronic Cigarettes Reviews Spoon's take on Kanger T2

Spoon's take on Kanger T2

Post a review of your own, share one from YouTube or talk about our reviews. All product reviews are welcome!
Veteran Vaper
Progress to next rank:
26%
Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 365 times

USA
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:40 pm
So here is another review on the Kanger T2 clearomizer.

I ordered through Vaping Me and the experience was pleasant and quick.

The Kanger is larger than a Stardust in both capacity and length. Below is a picture of the 2 side by side.

the difference isn't is as big just looking at them, but the capacities are pretty different 1.6ml for the stardust compared to 2.4ml for the kanger. Weight wise the kanger is a lot heavier but it feels good.

One of the biggest selling points for me on these was that it has replaceable heads(not rebuildable for now anyway). The heads for this come in 2 resistances, 1.8 ohms and 2.4 ohms. The one in the picture is a 2.4ohms and reading on my meter showed 2.35ohms sooo yeah its close enough :)

ImageImage

this one is a short wick version, there are long wick ones out there. As you can see in the second picture its an internal threading with an interlocking tube for the air to travel in. This goes directly to the battery well and the air holes in the bottom sides of the tank.

It threads onto the Ego threads not the inner threads(510), so you MUST have ego threading either on the device naively or via an adapter.

ok so how does it vape?

VERY nicely directly out of the box I was able to fill it and have nice tasting big clouds of vapor. I have gotten dry hits off of it, but that was my fault due to not being use to shorter wicks. Once the tank got down to the point my wicks weren't in juice at my normal vape angle(somewhere around 75 degrees compared to the ground) I got a dry hit. That was between 1.2 and 1.0ml and was easy to fix(tilt it further!)

I did manage to flood the tube once. I was trying to flood it though, it didnt do it till i completely turned it over pointing the tip straight down. It didn't flood like that till I got under 0.8ml though, over that mark I was able to flip it any which way and watch the juice flow back down and over the wicks. I think this was due to less pressure and less coverage at the seal point between the mouth piece and the silicon on the head(more on this later). Also should note it didn't put a lot of juice in the battery but more than a little seepage from the coil/wick into the tube.

LEAK PREVENTION!!!!

ok so you read the reviews, you think the kanger is for you, you buy a kanger, you vape your new kangers and then it leaks....you curse you cry you lick your shirt......

or

you can take some time and familiarize yourself with the material and how it all goes together.

stuff leaks it happens and it can be prevented for the most part.

the threading on these is good but its not absolute, if you over tighten you may stop a leak but more than likely you are going to stress the material out more and make it worse further down the road. I suggest turning it down to snug, right where the torque starts or where you feel it make contact. that work with everything

the center post to coil head connection is pretty important for leakage prevention, its around the 1.5ml area. If it gets misshapened(ie a nick in the edge or a pulled thread) it will not seal properly. It is a double walled/tubed system but it can and will if you over do it become crooked or mismatched. my suggestion is to tighten it down till you feel it make contact and then just a tad past that.

the mouthpiece to head seal is important too(more so on the short wicks than longs) the mouthpiece seals to the head silicon it keeps the juice from flooding down the air tube. The mouthpiece also has a silicon o-ring mating up to the tank body. In the early tanks(still t2 just an early batch) the mouthpiece cracked for a lot of people, that is suppose to be fixed now. The cracking came from a couple of things: overtightening, heat, and damage from the head cramming into the mouthpiece. All of those could still happen, so being careful while assembling/disassembling the unit is required.

the o-ring on the mouth piece is there to make a nice seal, overtightening and compressing that ring too much can cause it to bunch up and get caught up in the threading making a small gap in the seal. thus a leak. This can happen also with the meeting of the heads silicon to the mouthpiece. A fix? just tighten it down enough to where you feel the o-ring drag and a fraction further. The mouthpiece shouldn't wiggle nor should you beable to see the o-ring.

another thing to watch for is when you refill the mouthpiece will loosen the head some. just re-tighten like we did in the assembly and all should be good.

OK so this is my take on the Kanger, I love mine and in the last 2 days gone through 3 refills and 2 cleanings. I disected one of my 3 as soon as my package arrived. I hope this helps you, good vapes!
Veteran Vaper
Progress to next rank:
31.4%
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 367 times

Vancouver Island, BC
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:02 pm
Nice review! Thanks ) I am a big fan of shirt licking!

Contributor
Progress to next rank:
57.5%
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 152 times

United States
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Great review Spoon. I just loaded one up tonight for the first time, and I'm really loving it. I'm using mine with a 1.7 ohm coil, on a Twist. Really nice.
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
38.4%
Has liked: 1692 times
Been liked: 674 times

Smoke Free Since:
30 May 2011
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:50 am
Thanks for the review and adding to my want to buy list! :D
“Everything you do in life begins with a choice” Don Shapiro
Senior Moderator
Has liked: 2136 times
Been liked: 4187 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
23 Apr 2012
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:41 pm
Wow!

Just 'freaking" Wow!

First class fantastic review of my favorite clearomizer!

Job well done sir!

The Tick would approve :mrgreen:

It's all mind over matter. If no one seems to mind, it really doesn't matter!

unclerj
Veteran Vaper
Progress to next rank:
26%
Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 365 times

USA
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:36 pm
UncleRJ wrote:Wow!

Just 'freaking" Wow!

First class fantastic review of my favorite clearomizer!

Job well done sir!

The Tick would approve :mrgreen:

Thank you sir, I knew my technical background would come in useful one day ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Olympian Vaper
Progress to next rank:
41.9%
Has liked: 1502 times
Been liked: 1105 times

US
Smoke Free Since:
29 Jan 2012
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:07 pm
Very nice and thorough review! ! I am personally loving the Kanger! And after all of my crappy experiences with the stardust... Well, I'm very happy with them!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
VapeTV Host
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 14 times

USA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:33 pm
I had a 5 pack, and there were micro cracks in the plastic where they were joined to the base. None lasted more than a few days without leaking. They vaped ok. No better than a Stardust or any other variation really.
Senior Moderator
Has liked: 2136 times
Been liked: 4187 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
23 Apr 2012
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:51 pm
AlmightyGod wrote:I had a 5 pack, and there were micro cracks in the plastic where they were joined to the base. None lasted more than a few days without leaking. They vaped ok. No better than a Stardust or any other variation really.

Sorry to hear about your poor experience with them!

It sounds to me (IMHO) that you got a hold of a bad batch! From what I understand, Kanger keeps making each generation/production run better than the last!

Is there any chance you can return them to the place you got them!

It's all mind over matter. If no one seems to mind, it really doesn't matter!

unclerj
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
67.3%
Has liked: 1103 times
Been liked: 736 times

Smoke Free Since:
30 Jan 2012
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:21 pm
Great review, Spoon! :D

I broke down and got a Kanger, and I haven't left the house without it since. I've only had one (maybe two) gurgly hits from it, but something weird was happening for a while. I was getting semi-dry hits. :? The draw would start cool, then get hot, then cool, and there would be a dry spot in the middle of all that. That could be my PV, though, an eGo Twist. That's gone away, though, so I think it was just some odd breaking in happening. Weird, huh?

Something else that I noticed: The coil reads at 1.9 ohms, but at 3.7 volts it tastes burnt. I've had to put my Twist between 3.2 and 3.4 volts to get this thing to produce nice, warm, even vapor. I don't really mind, I'm happy I can do it, and it's working really well. It just feels weird to dial a variable voltage device all the way down to accommodate a 1.9 ohm coil. I'm just riding it out for now, enjoying the good vape.
Next