Board index Electronic Cigarettes Reviews Mod Reviews Telescopic Tube Wars (Itaste SVD vs Sigelei Zmax V3)

Telescopic Tube Wars (Itaste SVD vs Sigelei Zmax V3)

Place all mod reviews here.
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
0.9%
Has liked: 659 times
Been liked: 834 times

US
Smoke Free Since:
04 May 2012
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:11 pm
I wish I could get that long. I barely get that with my 2900 or even 3400mah panasonics. I do tend to be less then 1.5ohm though. I used to get almost 3 days off of those 3400 pannies when I was using the novas heavy. Finally getting proficient with genesis atomizers ruined it for most of my other toppers. I got four iclear30's I haven't even touched yet
and a small box of novas, stardusts, and evods waiting for a rainy day.
There's more leg room on the short bus.
Senior Moderator
Has liked: 2067 times
Been liked: 4081 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
23 Apr 2012
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:35 pm
I think part of it is that I tend to run around 2.2 to 2.5 ohm heads in the 8 to 9 watt area.

It's all mind over matter. If no one seems to mind, it really doesn't matter!

unclerj
Heroic Vaper
Progress to next rank:
34.9%
Has liked: 2618 times
Been liked: 3224 times

United States
Smoke Free Since:
28 Dec 2011
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:54 pm
mrcrunch08 wrote:
MSV8PR wrote:Funny you say that I just got my SVD and could not get the darn thing to work for the life of me. I am the type that tries it first, then reads the directions. Finally found out it was locked. It is big. Much bigger than I had hoped but I kind of already knew that from your past posts but it is a really cool device. I can not figure out why the made a beautiful Ss mod and then put an ugly ass chrome battery cap on it. :| It has a ton of features and looks pretty cool but I may not keep it due to the size. Maybe I should have got the V3. There is a Zmax mini coming now from Segelei. I may just wait for that.

That bottom cap bothers me too. Everything feels so solid till you get to that point. I'm curious what the mini will look like. I have seen two pics of it and each have been different. One looked just like the V1 or V2 and the other looked like the V3 but with what seemed to be a different bottom cap. I have been using my zmax v1 18650 bottom cap on the v3 in 18350 mode and it completely eliminates the slight rattle it has plus it looks really nice. The provari standard cap works too and looks even better. It also makes it a good half inch smaller and it is already fairly small.

There is a co-op being started on you know where forum for the mini and that one is just like the V2 but shorter. There is a telescopic version which would allow it to take an 18650 but they are trying to get it to not telescope to avoid the afdditional threading. I prefer that also. I don't need it to take an 18650. I am buying it because I want it to be small. It looks better too without the telescoping part.
Olympian Vaper
Progress to next rank:
16.1%
Has liked: 909 times
Been liked: 1246 times
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:20 am
All in all I think you did a very good head to head comparison review.Although you left out the other telescoping variable voltage/variable wattage mod namely the Vamo.
My main worry with the current SVD at least in preview videos I've seen is the threads seem to have quite a bit of play & aren't as smooth as I would like them to be.
As Always at Your Service,Snake.
Veteran Vaper
Progress to next rank:
68.4%
Has liked: 456 times
Been liked: 661 times

USA
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:16 pm
MSV8PR wrote:Funny you say that I just got my SVD and could not get the darn thing to work for the life of me. I am the type that tries it first, then reads the directions. Finally found out it was locked.

i wouldn't have thought this was so funny if it was anyone else but you, you're like the Joe Flacco of vaping, i never saw this oops coming from you, i could picture Abby or Matt doing this, i'll bet it happens to Uncle all the time ;) (i doubt it really, he's the one that told me to look out for cheap mods that don't have the 5-click button, but i'm only here to tease him once a week)... i about hit the floor when i read this, glad you got it workin' :) ...
... have fun, be lucky!
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
0.9%

US
Smoke Free Since:
04 May 2012
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:48 pm
snake94115 wrote:All in all I think you did a very good head to head comparison review.Although you left out the other telescoping variable voltage/variable wattage mod namely the Vamo.
My main worry with the current SVD at least in preview videos I've seen is the threads seem to have quite a bit of play & aren't as smooth as I would like them to be.

The threads on both of them are fine and have no play at all when tightened down all they way. I have heard a couple people have had that problem but mine doesn't and the threads aren't bad stock but I use a lubricant on all my devices just to save the threads. I also don't consider the vamo a telescopic mod. Yes it can fit different battery configurations but you have to remove sections unlike the zmax and svd. If that was put in with these two I don't think it is in the same league. I do like the vamo but have heard of too many breaking and there is a noticeable difference in build quality. Maybe the ss vamo would be a little better but the vamo I have doesn't compare fairly.
Olympian Vaper
Progress to next rank:
16.1%
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:48 am
So your saying you have not had any issues like in the video I'm linking below.

Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
0.9%

US
Smoke Free Since:
04 May 2012
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:47 am
Yes, that is exactly what I am saying and that review on the production version had me worried.. The very fist batch of 200 production units they sent out had some issues. That is the batch Grimm got his from along with a couple other reviewers and some other lucky people mostly in the UK but fortunately I did not get the very first batch. Most people didn't get one from that batch and everyone that seems to have that problem received their unit from the first batch. I'm sure there are inconsistencies and maybe some of the people who have one here could let us know if they have that problem since they got one from a later batch like I did, I can only compare what I have and mine does not have that issue at all. If I don't have it snug then there is some wobble but when it's tight there is none at all. Even with using nipple top batteries I do not have that problem. The threading on it is very good and it is a very well built device. The only reason I liked the zmax more is purely cosmetic. There are always QC issues and sometimes a bad one gets out. A perfect example is with the zmax telescope. My zmax button works fantastic and kelliperkins said her button is a bit iffy. After a while I had that problem with my first zmax and others didn't. You can't take any review, mine included, for a guarantee that all devices will be exactly like that. I read all these great things about the aga t2 so I got one and mine was junk. Half the center pin wasn't threaded so I couldn't attach my coil and the tank was cut at such a bad angle it leaked when filled. The SVD lost and I was really critical on it more so than any other device I have ever purchased since I waited almost two months after paying for it to get here.
Olympian Vaper
Progress to next rank:
16.1%
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:38 pm
Looks like the only other question I might have is if the Zmax can use Kanger T3's without having to resort to using an adapter.
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
22.7%
Has liked: 2836 times
Been liked: 1017 times

usa
Smoke Free Since:
15 Jan 2013
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:40 am
just mail me one of each and ill tell ya
PreviousNext