Vaping in Stores

All things electronic cigarette: your favorite e-cigs, e-liquids, mods or what you're vaping right now. Get it all out there!
Heroic Vaper
Progress to next rank:
14.2%
Has liked: 4968 times
Been liked: 1778 times

United States
Smoke Free Since:
05 Sep 2012
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:45 pm
I have had some really interesting looks to say the least. Especially with the mod. But so far I have not been asked to leave. Although I may have sent a few people to the right places to get off the analogs which is a good thing. My husband says my regular tobbacco vape smells like soured laundry and a check out clerk did kind of snarl her nose up so venders keep the vape smell good okay so we are less likely asked to put it down lol
" Kiss My Atty" :P

These are the little things that get us through this sometimes weary world and all the rainy days.”
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
22.7%
Has liked: 640 times
Been liked: 821 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
19 Nov 2012
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:31 pm
I actually vaped in Walmart the other night and surprisingly no one gave me a harsh look and I wore my Kanger T3 and my ego-twist around my neck and nobody asked about it or even paid attention to it.
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
90.2%
Has liked: 1836 times
Been liked: 1780 times

United States
Smoke Free Since:
25 Sep 2012
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:50 pm
i have vaped in walmart..... if it was me, depending on how much time i had, i might have told him, go ahead and call the cops! seriously i have gotten looks from people thinking that i am smoking a ciggy, but you can't just put a ciggy away that quick, and who in the heck would have the nerve to smoke a ciggy in walmart?!?!?
to be honest, kind of pisses me off that the "manager" wanted to call the cops wth??
I wish bad things on that manager for being so dumb ugh!
That made sense in my head..
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
37.9%
Has liked: 445 times
Been liked: 387 times

USA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:31 pm
I would've stayed (if I had the time) and told them to call the cops. I would have told the manager to go ahead and explain that you were not smoking, but being asked to leave because you supposedly were. AND... when the cops showed, I would've told them to search me for cigarettes or whatever that I was supposedly smoking. That is bull and there is no reason for someone to ask you to leave without knowing the true facts.
Live Life to the Fullest.
Advanced Contributor
Progress to next rank:
62%
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 615 times

United States
Smoke Free Since:
06 Oct 2012
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:18 pm
sorry this happened to you =(

I am a manager at Starbucks and I vape in my store all the time... I also vape in Lowes, Gas stations, restaurants, etc..
If a man is all alone in the woods, and there is no woman around to hear, is he STILL wrong?
Veteran Vaper
Progress to next rank:
68.4%
Has liked: 456 times
Been liked: 661 times

USA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:11 am
this is why i don't vape very often anywhere i can't smoke... i wish it wasn't this way, but we seriously can't expect the public to treat it any differently than smoking, we can only be happy on the occasions when someone understands and allows it... i love you vapers that go out and represent at the restaurants, bars, and stores, but i'm not that guy that goes out there to make a point anymore

i do think asking you to leave the store after you said you'd stop was a bit much, though i think he's perfectly within his rights to do so, he coulda' been cooler about it and tried to keep your business... it's two weeks before Christmas, this guy probably hasn't had a day off since Black Friday and has problems with a side of problems and some problem sauce over the top of the whole thing... threatening to call the cops is i think the thing that illustrates this most... i mean, really? not store security, but the actual police... they think the cops will show up to deal with someone "smoking" in a Walmart? he knows better, he's just fried and talking out of his neck...? that's kinda' the other reason i don't vape indoors in public, even though i feel the establishment is right to ask me not to, you catch me with that manager on the day that i'm fried too and see if i don't give the real cops a legit reason to show up...

i apologize in adavance to all of you public vapers, as i fear this kind of thing will only become more and more prevalent in general as a function of time and as a matter of course... perhaps some merchants will embrace the ecig community while they still can and allow/endorse ecig use inside their establishments and that will be great... but eventually they will most likely fall under the same rules (bans) of use as cigarettes...
... have fun, be lucky!
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
38.4%
Has liked: 1692 times
Been liked: 674 times

Smoke Free Since:
30 May 2011
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:47 am
I've caught myself vaping in Walmart before, not on purpose. I wear an ego around my neck sometimes when I'm out, so every once in a while I take a vape without thinking, reflex I guess.... Sounds like the guy was just being an ass!
“Everything you do in life begins with a choice” Don Shapiro
Olympian Vaper
Progress to next rank:
23%
Has liked: 1532 times
Been liked: 1367 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
12 Mar 2011
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:13 am
I vape in most stores but I stealth vape. I just hold in the vapor long enough for it to dissipate.
Pink Spot Fanatic
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
90.2%
Has liked: 1836 times
Been liked: 1780 times

United States
Smoke Free Since:
25 Sep 2012
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:39 pm
robovape brings up a good point, thing is alot of us think that we should not have to hide vaping, like it is illegal or something. Me personally I have no strong feelings either way, at the moment, except when someone does not listen to reason and gets snippy with me.
That made sense in my head..
Advanced Contributor
Progress to next rank:
62%
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 615 times

United States
Smoke Free Since:
06 Oct 2012
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:22 pm
I will add that when I know in advance I am going to be out in public, I make sure not to have a very fragrant e juice. While it might not be illegal, I still dont want to be "that guy" that disrupts or infringes on others.
If a man is all alone in the woods, and there is no woman around to hear, is he STILL wrong?
Previous