Board index Electronic Cigarettes General Vaping Discussion Uh Oh.... Cop Magnet?

Uh Oh.... Cop Magnet?

All things electronic cigarette: your favorite e-cigs, e-liquids, mods or what you're vaping right now. Get it all out there!
Advanced Contributor
Progress to next rank:
54.5%
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 541 times

United States of America
Smoke Free Since:
25 Aug 2010
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:28 am
I have been pulled over twice myself while vaping. The first time the officer was pretty cool about it once I explained it to him. The second officer however was not as forgiving or understanding. He tried to confiscate my PV and my juice, which just had to be in a syringe of all things! I told him to call the other officer so he could explain, and I am so thankful they knew each other well. I will not use my Drip On Demand in public though. I think it would be like taunting the cops around here lol!
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
35.5%
Has liked: 452 times
Been liked: 634 times
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:24 pm
I actually have one of those coming in -- for research purposes only, obviously...... :roll:

I get pulled over anyway, Driving While Long-Haired is a new offense in many Illinois municipalities...... :evil:
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
17.8%
Has liked: 2129 times
Been liked: 859 times

usa
Smoke Free Since:
28 Dec 2012
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:29 pm
The vape police ..lol
Senior Moderator
Has liked: 2126 times
Been liked: 4168 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
23 Apr 2012
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:48 pm
I have had no problems with the police in my area.

Small town and they get their gas and coffee the same place I get mine.

They have seen me vape but have never said a word to me.

But if they did, I could just show them a copy of the EC Blend menu that I keep in my pocket as part of an explanation.

Don't think I would tell them that they could get donut flavored juice though :twisted:

It's all mind over matter. If no one seems to mind, it really doesn't matter!

unclerj
Supplier
Has liked: 1064 times
Been liked: 1090 times
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:11 pm
The first experience I had w/ police after I started vaping I actually approached the officer. We had just recently founded NicX and I saw a cop outside of the jail as I was walking by who was smoking. I stopped to talk to him about vaping and showed him the little, black 901 batt, stick style that I had. I handed it to him while explaining and he looked over it and asked me if I'd ever been pulled over for it on suspicion of a "1-hitter". I informed him that I hadn't and he never gave me a hard time about it and while they aren't supposed to smoke in the cruisers it was obvious by his answer how much enforcement there was on that rule. I gave him my card, thanked him for his time and went on my way.

My most recent encounter w/ the police was in GA. Some areas have no clue what vaping is yet. I was discussing the situation with him that he was called out there for and took a puff on my VV tube. He hesitated for a moment and on the exhale he could smell that I was not doing what he thought I was. He asked me what exactly it was and I explained it to him and provided my bus card. He thought I had a portable electric bong in my hand :lol: He told me that either that wasn't what he thought it was or that I was the dumbest SOB alive. Given the reason he was called out to meet with us I could understand why he would make such a comment.....I'll leave it at that.

I'm not going to stop vaping in public or even around law enforcement over their fear of the unknown. It's just an opportunity to educate others and, for us at NicX, an opportunity to pass out bus cards.

Don't forget to check out the weekly discount at http://www.nicxvapor.com. Save by entering coupon code: VAPETHIS!

Progress to next rank:
38%
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 24 times

United States
Smoke Free Since:
31 Oct 1912
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:14 pm
With this kinda of thing becoming legal in a few states and than a few more, things will change and the cops will have to find something else to hassle us about.
Advanced Contributor
Progress to next rank:
8.5%
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 236 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
25 Aug 2010
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:10 pm
Hope not!!!!
Heroic Vaper
Progress to next rank:
44.3%
Has liked: 3351 times
Been liked: 3818 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
05 Nov 2012
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:32 pm
I hand rolled my smokes for a long time. I never had a problem with a cop, but then again I never realy was in the habit of rolling in front of cops. Of course I live in the boonies where all I got are state troopers, and they're not a very abundant population.
Sent using zeros and ones.
Contributor
Progress to next rank:
86.5%
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 138 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
08 Nov 2012
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:19 pm
I can see how a cop could think its a drug thing. Most people i meet think its some kind of bong.
Community Moderator
Has liked: 5048 times
Been liked: 5531 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
28 Feb 2011
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:35 pm
Shub wrote:Once they figure out that there is also a herbal vaporizer that looks just like our PV's... I think they are going to be a little more inquisitive and be more prone to harass people just to make sure there aren't herbs in the PV's as opposed to liquid. Then again, they often have better things to do. And they probably won't give a hoot in CA or CO

That's what I'm sayin'. And no offense to any cops who may be here, but most of them will find any reason to be able to stop and harass people these days. Seen it too many times. Hell, I was smacked with a baton and arrested about four years ago by some hillbilly cop in Orlando because we were lawfully filming them making traffic stops.
PreviousNext