Texas Tuff Tanks

All things electronic cigarette: your favorite e-cigs, e-liquids, mods or what you're vaping right now. Get it all out there!
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
53.6%
Has liked: 1011 times
Been liked: 981 times

Scotland
Smoke Free Since:
05 Dec 2011
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:13 pm
I use DCT tanks from apollo here is a link http://www.apolloecigs.com/Dual-Coil-Tank-Cartomizer-p/adct.htmso you can see them. I'm very happy with them and easy to us. a bit pricier, and you can get replacement cartos.
Use code HAPPY2013 TO GET 25% OFF everything up to 15 Jan

Advanced Contributor
Progress to next rank:
61%
Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 614 times

United States
Smoke Free Since:
06 Oct 2012
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:31 pm
Complexed wrote:http://www.electronicstix.com/collections/standard-j-tanks
this is the 3.3ml version they do make larger ones. I think its great. Very solid, and easy to fill i slide the carto up till theres a little recess and drip into that slid back up and its full. The caps have the seals on them and also have a ridge so they only go so far in. They also fit standard size boges perfectly.

Wow!! i never knew I could get them elsewhere...AND IN STAINLESS!!! awesome! Thank you!
If a man is all alone in the woods, and there is no woman around to hear, is he STILL wrong?

Contributor
Progress to next rank:
57.5%
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 152 times

United States
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:42 pm
I have a Texas Tough Tank on the way. Not sure why I got it, as I've never really cared for tanks, and the other one I have and almost never use anymore. Funny thing is, the other one I have is an M1A1 from notcigs (maker of the Buzz Pro), and it also has a side screw hole. I always thought it was a bigger PITA carrying a syringe, and then having to clean the syringe, than it was worth. I'm thinking I'll try out a needle bottle with this one.

As to the question about punching cartos, almost everyone has prepunched ones now, and some places even offer a several different punch counts (one hole, two hole, or three hole). Smoktech makes really nice single coil tank cartos that are pre punched and have a plate on the bottom to act as a stop for your tank. Great places to buy these are crystalclearvaping.com, and surevapes.com . Both have free shipping.
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
3%
Has liked: 1659 times
Been liked: 1069 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
15 Jul 2012
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:14 am
I've been looking at ibtanked.com for their cheap glass tanks. You can buy just the glass tank without the caps cheap on there. I was wondering about the sizes of the caps. ibtanked.com has 19 and 25mm tubes. Would be cool if they would work with other tank caps, as theirs are expensive. I thought it would be cool to etch the glass tanks and slap some caps on them for a custom job. I want glass because of Pluid leaching my plastic. Now I vape in in Vivi Nova with the metal tank. I'd like to see it though.
Contributor
Progress to next rank:
7%
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 180 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
29 Dec 2012
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 am
I've heard about these "tuff tanks" When i get the extra cash i'll be sure to give one a try. :D Vaping all day, OR longer without having to refill sounds great!
Smoke free - Vape strong.
Heroic Vaper
Progress to next rank:
44.3%
Has liked: 3351 times
Been liked: 3818 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
05 Nov 2012
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:33 am
Ok so I picked up a few spare pre-punched cartos, but have to ask. Is there a danger to over-punching or over slotting? Chances are I'll slot my cartos, I think it will be fairly simple to do with a saw. If I over slot will I potentially get leakage? I'm thinking no, but I could be wrong.

cawiggins78 wrote:I've been looking at ibtanked.com for their cheap glass tanks. You can buy just the glass tank without the caps cheap on there. I was wondering about the sizes of the caps. ibtanked.com has 19 and 25mm tubes. Would be cool if they would work with other tank caps, as theirs are expensive. I thought it would be cool to etch the glass tanks and slap some caps on them for a custom job. I want glass because of Pluid leaching my plastic. Now I vape in in Vivi Nova with the metal tank. I'd like to see it though.

I was wondering how their tanks overall perform, I know they're real popular for the glass they sell, but not sure about the tank.

I like the fact that the tank I have locks in the flanged smoktek cartos. SureVapes has Boge flanged cartos, which I think may work as well.

sugasmacks wrote:I've heard about these "tuff tanks" When i get the extra cash i'll be sure to give one a try. :D Vaping all day, OR longer without having to refill sounds great!

Yeah I'm only on my second fill up, but took me over two days to empty the first. My initial impression is they are a bit more miserly in juice consumption than clearos.

ALthough I can still say I still love DC Mega cartos for their price, My first one is still going strong after a month of use.
Sent using zeros and ones.
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
86.6%
Has liked: 1099 times
Been liked: 1363 times

United States
Smoke Free Since:
12 Dec 2012
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:48 pm
@ Mongrel you can flood them if you get too big of holes/slots there is also that plastic tube that runs down the middle if you cut that it will come out the bottom of the carto consistently. I only punch mine to the size of about a pencil lead. works perfectly for 50/50. Single punch.
Previous