Stainless Steel mesh

All things electronic cigarette: your favorite e-cigs, e-liquids, mods or what you're vaping right now. Get it all out there!
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
21.9%
Has liked: 639 times
Been liked: 819 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
19 Nov 2012
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:47 pm
I can that may people prefer stainless steel mesh wicks over regular wicks, is there an advantage in using SS mesh? I guessing because it last longer, so what are the pros and cons of using SS mesh in RBA's?
Olympian Vaper
Progress to next rank:
6.1%
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 1428 times

Smoke Free Since:
13 Sep 2012
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:57 pm
Pros would be it last longer, people say it taste better

Cons it takes alittle while to make the wick, if you don't oxidize it right you can short your device
Supplier
Has liked: 1064 times
Been liked: 1090 times
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:59 pm
muertala wrote:I can that may people prefer stainless steel mesh wicks over regular wicks, is there an advantage in using SS mesh? I guessing because it last longer, so what are the pros and cons of using SS mesh in RBA's?

I'm finding it to be a cleaner setup for one and depending on the mesh that you use there is little to no tipping involved. I'm currently running a SS in my Griffin RBA and a Silica on my AGA-T. When the silica wears out I will be making a SS wick for it with 400 mesh. When that's gone I'll use the 500. I may order higher when I run out of that. I do find a cleaner taste as well.

Don't forget to check out the weekly discount at http://www.nicxvapor.com. Save by entering coupon code: VAPETHIS!
Honorary Contributor
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 311 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
10 Oct 2011
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:04 pm
Sockfootball21 wrote:Pros would be it last longer, people say it taste better

Cons it takes a little while to make the wick, if you don't oxidize it right you can short your device

Exactly. To me its the cleanest best way to vape although that doesnt mean its easy. I still use some silica with my Penelope without flavor loss but i prefer SS mesh. 8-)
Current PVs: iHybrid Pluid LE, iHybrid Standard, GGTS, Provari V1, Egos.
Current Juice: Mad Murdock's Pluid, Poseidon Vaping Zeus, Various others

Instagram+xbox360 gamer tag: P0SE1D0N000
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
24.7%
Has liked: 497 times
Been liked: 834 times

Smoke Free Since:
20 Jun 2012
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:06 pm
From personal experience I love SS mesh. I think it gives the purest, cleanest flavor that you can get. The only tipping I have to do is when the juice level in my Zenesis gets below the wick, then I have to tip it to get the juice to the wick, but once it hits the wick, the wick pulls it right up. I do have silica wick in my Phoenix, but that's because I haven't gotten around to learning how to make a mesh wick for that one yet, that'll be one of my next adventures.
Olympian Vaper
Progress to next rank:
6.1%
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 1428 times

Smoke Free Since:
13 Sep 2012
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:09 pm
morrinb wrote:From personal experience I love SS mesh. I think it gives the purest, cleanest flavor that you can get. The only tipping I have to do is when the juice level in my Zenesis gets below the wick, then I have to tip it to get the juice to the wick, but once it hits the wick, the wick pulls it right up. I do have silica wick in my Phoenix, but that's because I haven't gotten around to learning how to make a mesh wick for that one yet, that'll be one of my next adventures.

I made one for my pheonix and honestly it was more a pain in the ass than it was worth.
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
24.7%
Has liked: 497 times
Been liked: 834 times

Smoke Free Since:
20 Jun 2012
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:11 pm
Sockfootball21 wrote:
morrinb wrote:From personal experience I love SS mesh. I think it gives the purest, cleanest flavor that you can get. The only tipping I have to do is when the juice level in my Zenesis gets below the wick, then I have to tip it to get the juice to the wick, but once it hits the wick, the wick pulls it right up. I do have silica wick in my Phoenix, but that's because I haven't gotten around to learning how to make a mesh wick for that one yet, that'll be one of my next adventures.

I made one for my pheonix and honestly it was more a pain in the ass than it was worth.

That's part of why I haven't bothered yet. I'm just not a big fan of silica, so I thought I'd give it a try at some point.
Supplier
Has liked: 1064 times
Been liked: 1090 times
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:15 pm
I've only made one SS wick so far and while it's not perfect it does work really well. It takes a little time to make them but I still don't mind. I wanted something more complicated though.

Don't forget to check out the weekly discount at http://www.nicxvapor.com. Save by entering coupon code: VAPETHIS!
Veteran Vaper
Progress to next rank:
68.4%
Has liked: 456 times
Been liked: 661 times

USA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:16 pm
i haven't used one yet, will be looking into it after the holidays blow over, but i know you need to burn the mesh wicks a few times with a gas torch, so there's the extra equipment and some prep time involved in making the wick, but the trade is that it lasts longer... and you can always use that torch to make a beautiful creme brulee... there's a lot of safety and testing kind of stuff that goes along with it too, but it seems that probly goes with building any coil and wouldn't be a bad idea on the premade stuff i get, who knows what shape my kanger heads are really in by the time they get here?
... have fun, be lucky!
Contributor
Progress to next rank:
47.5%
Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 116 times

u.s
Smoke Free Since:
0- 0-2010
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:23 pm
mesh is simply better flavor and throat hit! and i can have a wick and coil last a very very long time!
i hybrid..zenesis standard..zenesis cobalt..gus telescopic..provari..vmax..saber touch
Next