Board index Electronic Cigarettes General Vaping Discussion New to Vaping - Brand Choice Advice

New to Vaping - Brand Choice Advice

All things electronic cigarette: your favorite e-cigs, e-liquids, mods or what you're vaping right now. Get it all out there!

Progress to next rank:
4%
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:32 pm
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the eCig/vaping scene and have been searching the internet for the right product/brand to choose. One of my internet searches turned me to this message board, which was discussing a Top 10 eCig list that came out a couple weeks ago. Thought it was interesting that the brands showing up highest on the list (v2-cigs-coupon-discount-code/">V2 Cigs, etc.) were the brands people seemed to like the least.

So many of the websites I've been to seem the same, so I want to get the board's opinion - what do you guys think is the most reputable brand? What about the biggest and/or who's been around and stood the test of time with quality products? What company do you think is the most profitable, or the most innovative? Just trying to wrap my head around this as it looks like some of these companies could be operating out of their own basement. I appreciate the help!
Olympian Vaper
Progress to next rank:
6.1%
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 1428 times

Smoke Free Since:
13 Sep 2012
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:03 pm
I think joyetech is pretty good. They are the ones who came out with the ego twist and spinner that everyone has copied. They also took a jump into big battery mods with the evic. The evic is awesome by the way
Olympian Vaper
Progress to next rank:
38.2%
Has liked: 3541 times
Been liked: 2019 times

U.S.A
Smoke Free Since:
0- 2-2009
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:09 pm
will have to second socks answer!!

Welcome to the vaping world and ECA forums.. hope we can get you started on the right path that works for you..
Joyetech EGO-V passthrough or the EGO twist are very good beginner choices that will not frustrate you like them suppose top ten ecigs that really are more like top bottom ten lol
~~Image~~
with the awesome kayfun mini V2.1 on whatever purple regulated MOD suits my mood
Contributor
Progress to next rank:
16.5%
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 97 times

US
Smoke Free Since:
20 Sep 2012
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:31 pm
v2-cigs-coupon-discount-code/">V2 cigs provides good its a solid throat hit and 4.2V pen battery just don't buy the pre filled cartomizers those are very expensive if anything get the juice its not too bad of a price they got some pretty good unique flavors then get blank cartomizers from another website that have 808-D threading
Olympian Vaper
Progress to next rank:
24.2%
Has liked: 930 times
Been liked: 1282 times
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:12 pm
Hey schramja first let me welcome you to the forums.Secondly on beginner brands I'd say Joyetech for sure.

Here's a great deal.

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Tank_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm

Get 2 1300mah spinners whatever 2 colors you like & 2 Kanger MT3 clearomizers to match up the set.The MT3 has an outer metal cover that helps protect the Clearomizer inside it.

You'll also need some E-liquid. I refuse to call it juice sorry.
Here's 2 great links on some awesome deals.

http://bulkejuice.com/Shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=176

http://www.aquavaporcig.com/200ml-eLiquid-Sample-Pack_p_182.html

As a side note please note most tobacco flavored E-Liquid will not taste like you are smoking an actual cigarette.
But no worries I got you covered there too.

http://www.want2vape.com/Vapenstein-Blend_c_11.html

Plus they make a real good coffee E-liquid too. :D

Just 1 more thing if you plan on vaping anything cinnamon flavored or really acidic like a strong citrus flavor your going to need to get the item below.

http://www.valleyvapes.com/Premium-Triple-V-PolyPro-3ml-Tank_p_93.html

All totaled a tad over $100 but enough e-liquid for about a month.And you will not have to worry about getting new gear for quite some time.
Last edited by snake94115 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As Always at Your Service,Snake.
Olympian Vaper
Progress to next rank:
23%
Has liked: 1532 times
Been liked: 1367 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
12 Mar 2011
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:32 pm
I would definitely suggest the same kit Snake recommended. It is the best batteries and Cleromizers combined. The Ego Twists are another option in the kit and they are Joye Egos, a very trusted brand. The 650s are the smallest batteries and will make the kit the most affordable I would imagine. The larger the number the longer the batteries will last between charges. I would recommend the EVOD as one of your cleromizer options. I am a 2 year Vaper and recently tried these and am very pleased. If you get two different types of Cleros you will be able to choose which one is better for you to re-order. If you go onto My Vapor Space's FB page you will find a 10% off code also.

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Tank_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm

I think the reason you are seeing the top 10 ecigs are not the favorites of the community is that they are the top 10 stick type or "cig alike" batteries and, although many new Vapers want something that reminds them more of a cigarette and not so big, many Vapers who have been Vaping for a month or more feel that the vapor and throat kit and short battery life of "cig alikes" are not enough to satisfy them.

For e-liquid I would suggest Halo or Pink Spot Vapors.
Pink Spot Fanatic
Olympian Vaper
Progress to next rank:
23%
Has liked: 1532 times
Been liked: 1367 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
12 Mar 2011
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:36 pm
Oh and I forgot to say.....

Pink Spot Fanatic
Olympian Vaper
Progress to next rank:
24.2%
Has liked: 930 times
Been liked: 1282 times
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:53 pm
The reason I'm recommending it over what I bought for my first kit is for ease of use.Don't get me wrong I frigging love my Infernos.
But being able to have 2 full clearomizer rigs right from the start is going to come in very handy for most beginners.
As Always at Your Service,Snake.
Senior Moderator
Has liked: 2133 times
Been liked: 4182 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
23 Apr 2012
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:56 pm
I guess the question is...........

Do you want something that looks like the analog (AKA a real cigarette) or are you willing to consider something a bit larger with a much longer battery life and offer you more options?

Let us know and we will get you pointed in the right direction!

It's all mind over matter. If no one seems to mind, it really doesn't matter!

unclerj
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
28.6%
Has liked: 3434 times
Been liked: 1706 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
22 Mar 2011
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:15 pm
Heed UncleRJ's thoughts. Let's answer your question with questions. A more methodical approach to choosing an ecig is to first ask you Are you dead set on a cigarette sized device? What kind and how much a day do you smoke? Different manufacturers will be recommended depending on your answers. Another consideration is what is your budget ? Finally, I think it is important to ask, is your goal to both quit smoking and to wean off nicotine, or do you simply seek a healthier alternative to smoking?
Give all of the above questions a little thought and let us know . There have been some good equipment recommendations in this thread. In order to help you make an informed purchase to better ensure the chances of your personal success,, a little more info is required.
Welcome to the forum. It's great to have you here. Don't be intimidated by the choices available or the nomenclature. We'll be happy to help you any way we can.
Last edited by RCO67 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Next