MINI Protank!

All things electronic cigarette: your favorite e-cigs, e-liquids, mods or what you're vaping right now. Get it all out there!
Veteran Vaper
Progress to next rank:
68.4%
Has liked: 456 times
Been liked: 661 times

USA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:08 pm
http://www.sz-kanger.com/products/kange ... learomizer ... ladies...
... have fun, be lucky!
Senior Moderator
Has liked: 2152 times
Been liked: 4209 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
23 Apr 2012
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:41 pm
Those do look really nice.

However, for myself I need a larger juice capacity.

The Evods work great but just don't' last long enough for me.

But I am sure these will look really nice on standard eGo batteries :mrgreen:

It's all mind over matter. If no one seems to mind, it really doesn't matter!

unclerj
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
91.2%
Has liked: 1217 times
Been liked: 1265 times

United States
Smoke Free Since:
20 Feb 2013
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:05 pm
I'll probably get one sometime. The large capacity is great, but it is....very large. OTOH, from what I understand they're taller than the regular Protank. Not crazy about that.
Senior Moderator

USA
Smoke Free Since:
23 Apr 2012
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:37 pm
Ms Puffinstuff wrote:I'll probably get one sometime. The large capacity is great, but it is....very large. OTOH, from what I understand they're taller than the regular Protank. Not crazy about that.

Hard to believe they are much taller than the PT but I don't doubt you.

The PT is pretty big and it would look a bit silly on anything that took less than an 18350 battery.

unclerj
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
91.2%

United States
Smoke Free Since:
20 Feb 2013
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:52 pm
You can doubt me. I could be wrong. It's just a comment I read somewhere. I think the height is in the base, which is different from big one. It's ego threaded, because it's all about fitting on the ego type thing nicely and there's a substantial base to it. The tank itself is not as tall as the the original, I think.
Veteran Vaper
Progress to next rank:
68.4%

USA
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:04 pm
yeah, i'm not sure i love the huge base, but that's what it takes for the ego threaded devices... i'm personally fine with the smaller capacity but can see how others can't or don't want to make do with it... too bad they probably designed it to work with the EVOD heads, just watch the PT heads will work better lol... i think once the price on this gets where it needs to be it will be a huge product for the mid-level vapper with ego/twist devices and a go-to for those who have a nice mod and tank system but want something a little smaller for travel or whatever but they want it nice... it's may also be another good option for newer users who aren't ready for an RBA but like juices that damage plastic tanks, but that's only if the glue holds, i hear that's a possible issue with the original PT now...
... have fun, be lucky!
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
91.2%

United States
Smoke Free Since:
20 Feb 2013
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:35 pm
robovape wrote:yeah, i'm not sure i love the huge base, but that's what it takes for the ego threaded devices... i'm personally fine with the smaller capacity but can see how others can't or don't want to make do with it... too bad they probably designed it to work with the EVOD heads, just watch the PT heads will work better lol... i think once the price on this gets where it needs to be it will be a huge product for the mid-level vapper with ego/twist devices and a go-to for those who have a nice mod and tank system but want something a little smaller for travel or whatever but they want it nice... it's may also be another good option for newer users who aren't ready for an RBA but like juices that damage plastic tanks, but that's only if the glue holds, i hear that's a possible issue with the original PT now...

I've heard that about the glue, too. Seems to be the luck of the draw there. Lots of people also say they put tank crackers in there with no problems. I was careful with mine at first and then I figured what's the point of having it if not for being able to put what you want in it an so far so good. That said, I don't vape the things that melt plastic at 20 paces, but Wintergreen seems to have killed one of my Evods and it hasn't had any effect on the Protank. It's not even frosted up at all.
Senior Moderator

USA
Smoke Free Since:
23 Apr 2012
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:38 pm
robovape wrote:yeah, i'm not sure i love the huge base, but that's what it takes for the ego threaded devices... i'm personally fine with the smaller capacity but can see how others can't or don't want to make do with it... too bad they probably designed it to work with the EVOD heads, just watch the PT heads will work better lol... i think once the price on this gets where it needs to be it will be a huge product for the mid-level vapper with ego/twist devices and a go-to for those who have a nice mod and tank system but want something a little smaller for travel or whatever but they want it nice... it's may also be another good option for newer users who aren't ready for an RBA but like juices that damage plastic tanks, but that's only if the glue holds, i hear that's a possible issue with the original PT now...

Now that you mention it, I get what you mean about Ego threading adding to the height of the device in question.

As far as the PT heads working better............................?

To each their own. As it should be.

For me, the PT heads are way to airy and even more seem to need you to really crank up the power to get decent flavor from them.

The Evod heads do tighten up the draw considerably but deliver more flavor IMHO.

Now if they came up with a version of the PT head that was still airy yet deliverd the flavor a lower power setting I would be interested.

The PT heads need about 11 watts to deliver the flavor you get out of an Evod at 8 watts. Same resistance of course.

unclerj
Veteran Vaper
Progress to next rank:
68.4%

USA
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:26 pm
Ms Puffinstuff wrote:I've heard that about the glue, too. Seems to be the luck of the draw there. Lots of people also say they put tank crackers in there with no problems. I was careful with mine at first and then I figured what's the point of having it if not for being able to put what you want in it an so far so good. That said, I don't vape the things that melt plastic at 20 paces, but Wintergreen seems to have killed one of my Evods and it hasn't had any effect on the Protank. It's not even frosted up at all.

very likely that things that crack plastic tanks and things that eat glue on the PT aren't necessarily the same, though likely enough that some of them destroy both... especially acids, they're destructive by their nature... and the glue... well, there's a few things i can think of people might do to their PT that might weaken that, soaking in hot water or rubbing alcohol can't be good for it... from what i hear a lot of the "tank crackers" are very hit or miss anyway, there are a handful of well documented culprits and a LONG list of flavors that bob had no problem with but it ruined bill's gear...
... have fun, be lucky!
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
91.2%

United States
Smoke Free Since:
20 Feb 2013
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:41 pm
I think there should be a list of things that won't crack tanks if there isn't one. It would likely be shorter than the list of things that can crack them.