Board index Electronic Cigarettes General Vaping Discussion How long should my clearomizer last?

How long should my clearomizer last?

All things electronic cigarette: your favorite e-cigs, e-liquids, mods or what you're vaping right now. Get it all out there!
Contributor
Progress to next rank:
36%
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 303 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
31 Dec 2012
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:32 am
I have a twist with a CE4 V2 longwick Clearomizer. My question is, How long should these last? I have had mine for about 3 weeks and I have two of them. Still work fine but I'm noticing a funky taste more often. at least once a day now. I'm still new to E-cigs but have been learning more and more. Just so much to discover. Thanks for any help people. :)
Contributor
Progress to next rank:
25.5%
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 258 times

USA
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:35 am
From your post not sure if or how you have tried cleaning it so.
If it is the type that comes completely apart then you might try replacing or rebuilding the head unit.
If it is the type where you can only unscrew the mouthpiece then this is something you can try to supplement your normal cleaning and extend the life.
Remove mouthpiece, Take a thin tool with curve on end (dental pick?) and gently pry up rubber top cap from center column, remove from inside CE4, Then reattach CE4 to PV if variable voltage set to lowest level , using short bursts, pulse your PV until your coil glows an even orange when seen from the top. You may have to blow at it to clear the vapor from it burning residue on your wick and coil. When it seems to glow orange quickly you can stop rerinse inside to remove all residue then let dry. Reinsert top cap on column. Can be tricky so have patients, fill with favorite liquid reattach mouthpiece and vape.
You can usually extend the life of a clearomizer by quite a bit.
Olympian Vaper
Progress to next rank:
23%
Has liked: 1532 times
Been liked: 1367 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
12 Mar 2011
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:49 am
Looks like the CE4 does not have replaceable head unit. The CE5s you can take apart and replace just the head unit like Sonar said. I agree with Sonar on dry burning and cleaning, the only thing I would add is rinse with cheap vodka.
Pink Spot Fanatic
Contributor
Progress to next rank:
25.5%
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 258 times

USA
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:10 am
It was the CE4 that I was talking about they offer a rebuildable version that unscrews apart and uses the same kind of replaceable heads as the some of the Vivi Nova's they are interchangable. I have never used the CE5 because of that strange little wire hanging off of the head that you clip to the bottom end cap. Seems like a major failure point to me.
Heroic Vaper
Progress to next rank:
44.3%
Has liked: 3351 times
Been liked: 3818 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
05 Nov 2012
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:23 am
I get so confused with this CE crap, I think it's the CE4-V2 that has replaceable heads, but I'm not sure. I've never seen a little wire, so I'm guessing I've never had a CE5.
Sent using zeros and ones.
Advanced Contributor
Progress to next rank:
87%
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 505 times

United States
Smoke Free Since:
02 Feb 2013
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:08 pm
MrsCasey wrote:Looks like the CE4 does not have replaceable head unit. The CE5s you can take apart and replace just the head unit like Sonar said. I agree with Sonar on dry burning and cleaning, the only thing I would add is rinse with cheap vodka.

Can you explain why you use Cheap vodka to rinse with please? I'm cleaning my Clearo every night and leaving it to dry overnight before doing the dryburn in the morning, before filling it for the day. Seems to be working great for me.

On a side note, you guys said to use a dental pick, I personally went to wallys world (Wal-Mart) and bought a pair of thin hemostats from the fishing department. They are powder coated, and one jaw is slightly smaller then the other and fits perfect into the clearo for pulling the upper plug out, and for wiggling the bottom post out some for a better draw. Just thought I would put this out for ya.
Contributor
Progress to next rank:
36%

USA
Smoke Free Since:
31 Dec 2012
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:15 pm
Yeah it's th type I can only unscrew the mouthpiece. Thanks for the help. I will try this.
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
3%
Has liked: 1659 times
Been liked: 1069 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
15 Jul 2012
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:54 pm
Aaron, when I get back to work on Monday I'll show you how to clean that thing if you need help. If you're gonna stick with the clearos, you need to get the ones you can break down and clean. Also, replacing the coils/wicks will save you lots of money. If you have the points, get a Kanger from the VFF store. It will blow what you have out of the water.
Contributor
Progress to next rank:
36%

USA
Smoke Free Since:
31 Dec 2012
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:05 am
Ok chad, sounds good to me. I'll check it out. And congrats on your baby boy!
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
3%
Has liked: 1659 times
Been liked: 1069 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
15 Jul 2012
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:08 am
thanks dude!