Board index Electronic Cigarettes General Vaping Discussion Food coloring in ejuice

Food coloring in ejuice

All things electronic cigarette: your favorite e-cigs, e-liquids, mods or what you're vaping right now. Get it all out there!
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
3%
Has liked: 1659 times
Been liked: 1069 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
15 Jul 2012
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:47 am
So, I've noticed a trend. Food colorings in ejuice. Two juices that come to mind are Phluid and Ecto Plasma (vendors not mentioned on purpose) that are bright green in color. I've wondered if these are safe and have found a small amount of information online. It seems that they sell coloring to add to your juice, and I've thought about it to differentiate between flavors at a quick glance in my clearos.

From what I've found, these colorings contain basically 4 ingredients: water, PG, the coloring itself (what the heck is that made of?), and proplyparaben. The water and the PG I'm not worried about. As for the coloring, I'm not sure what makes that up exactly other than dye (how is that made, I wonder?), and am not exactly keen on vaping something I don't know anything about. The part that bothers me is the proplyparaben. That is:

Propylparaben is in the paraben family of preservatives used by the food, pharmaceutical, and personal care product industries. Parabens mimic estrogen and can act as potential hormone (endocrine) system disruptors.

I'm not sure I want to vape anything that mimics estrogen. I do love my Ecto Plasma, but I've been ordering it with no coloring. And now, looking at that particular vendor's website, they seem to have removed the color from the product as even an option. I'm wondering if male vapers were starting to grow breasts and spot their underwear. In either case, I'm avoiding it for now.

Do you guys get it in your juice?
Supplier
Has liked: 1064 times
Been liked: 1090 times
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:04 am
We do not add any coloring at NicXvapor. After reading your post though, maybe I should try it. I'm pretty much living in the "Estrogen Palace" as it is so I might as well have my own boobs to play with. :roll:

Don't forget to check out the weekly discount at http://www.nicxvapor.com. Save by entering coupon code: VAPETHIS!
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
3%
Has liked: 1659 times
Been liked: 1069 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
15 Jul 2012
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:06 am
Yeah, I have the boobs. Comes with trolling forums instead of working out I think. I've been told its a good look on me though, so I'll probably keep em. Keeps the wife from checking out other women. ;)
Supplier
Has liked: 1064 times
Been liked: 1090 times
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:07 am
My wife can check out all of the women she wants as long as I can join in if she brings them home for pleasure.

Don't forget to check out the weekly discount at http://www.nicxvapor.com. Save by entering coupon code: VAPETHIS!
Olympian Vaper
Progress to next rank:
40.3%
Has liked: 3563 times
Been liked: 2039 times

U.S.A
Smoke Free Since:
0- 2-2009
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:01 am
do not like food coloring in my juices and foods really.. if it can stain my freaking warm and comfy blanky, yes i said blanky, than i sure in the heck do not want to inhale the stuff!!
~~Image~~
with the awesome kayfun mini V2.1 on whatever purple regulated MOD suits my mood
Heroic Vaper
Progress to next rank:
35.2%
Has liked: 2625 times
Been liked: 3227 times

United States
Smoke Free Since:
28 Dec 2011
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:05 am
I agree. I don't think we should be adding anything additional to ejuices too. The more stuff that is added the more potential for something to be harmful and even more reason for the FDA and everyone else opposing ecigs to get their panties in a bunch. Again I am sure no research has been done to say either way but until then it's probably best to just leave it out.
Contributor
Progress to next rank:
47.5%
Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 116 times

u.s
Smoke Free Since:
0- 0-2010
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:39 am
in an e-mail i just got yesterday..ecto plasma..and every juice from that vendor..will not have food coloring in them anymore. just a heads up!!
i hybrid..zenesis standard..zenesis cobalt..gus telescopic..provari..vmax..saber touch
Olympian Vaper
Progress to next rank:
17.8%
Has liked: 1132 times
Been liked: 1616 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
18 Oct 2012
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:16 am
I had never even thought about this until now.
Vapers, we take care of our own.
All the world needs is love and flip flops.
Advanced Contributor
Progress to next rank:
10%
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 269 times

United States
Smoke Free Since:
21 Sep 2012
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:21 am
I have never gotten it in my juice as far as I know ..... the only interesting thing I saw was a list for Caffeine and an actual nutrition facts on the bottle lol
During peace Sons bury there fathers ...... During War fathers bury there Sons
Contributor
Progress to next rank:
4.5%
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 77 times

USA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:23 am
I also saw the nutrition guide I actually liked it :)
Next