Board index Electronic Cigarettes General Vaping Discussion California Vaping Laws

California Vaping Laws

All things electronic cigarette: your favorite e-cigs, e-liquids, mods or what you're vaping right now. Get it all out there!
Supplier
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 23 times

usa
Smoke Free Since:
27 Feb 2012
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:27 am
Hi,

I'm a newbie of sorts to vaping. I would like to know if anyone encountered issues with smoking in public places such as restaurants or stores. I vaped after a meal in a restaurant and was asked to stop or leave. I tried to explain that it was not smoke but vapor. I also informed them that there is no odor or second hand smoke. Am I missing any talking points or does no smoking also include ecigs. I was told when I made my first ecig purchase that I could smoke anywhere. Was I misinformed or does California have strict laws on ecigs?
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
31.6%
Has liked: 1441 times
Been liked: 735 times

Minnesota
Smoke Free Since:
25 Nov 2011
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:11 am
I do not know all of your local laws, so whether it is legal to vape there or not, I can't tell you. What I can tell you is that each business has the power to decide whether they want vaping or not in their establishments. At this point in the vaping vs smoking debate, many people assume that vaping is as bad as smoking. Hopefully more and more people will become educated on the subject, and explaining to those who don't know is a great thing. When asked to stop, be polite and respect their wishes while informing them of what it is. Try not to be augmentative while sharing info. This will help to educate the public without rubbing anyone the wrong way. :)
Supplier

usa
Smoke Free Since:
27 Feb 2012
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:45 am
Thanks Patthib, I appreciate the info. I understand that vaping is new when compared to analogs. My hope is that the ecig industry has lobbiest in their pockets to help educate the government to pass legislation that would allow ecigs where traditional cigs are banned. That would definitely get more people to switch to ecigs and we should see a rapid decline in deaths associated with traditional cigs. Just my opinion, but, I believe there are many more people out there that share this opinion.
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
31.6%
Has liked: 1441 times
Been liked: 735 times

Minnesota
Smoke Free Since:
25 Nov 2011
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:49 pm
We do have people fighting for our rights as vapers. http://casaa.org/ Here is a link if you would like to see. They post "Call to Arms" for help in fighting each little fight which affects vaping and/or Ecigs. Some they have won, some they have not.
They are definitely fighting to keep ecigs and vaping from being tossed into any current tobacco and/or smoking laws in place.
Supplier

usa
Smoke Free Since:
27 Feb 2012
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:43 pm
Awesome site and great info! I made my donation. It's good to know that there are people out there fighting for our right of choice. It is our choice after all to decide what's right for us to get off analogs.
http://www.ConstantVapor.com

He who has never learned to obey
cannot be a good commander.
~Aristotle

Contributor
Progress to next rank:
38%
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 60 times

us
Smoke Free Since:
01 Feb 2012
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:19 pm
IMHO, I believe that at the present time with the "No Smoking" policies, in the eyes of non-smokers, vaping and smoking are the same thing. I no it sounds absurd, but that is from my experience vaping in public. People see vapor, and it looks so much like smoke, they freak out. So even though you are not hurting no one, from what kids and teenagers are taught today about smoking, vaping doesn't have a chance in hell in public.....JMHO.
When I'm not vaping.....I'm smoke'n a fatty!!!!

Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
64.2%
Has liked: 569 times
Been liked: 324 times

usa
Smoke Free Since:
31 Dec 2011
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:16 pm
Stahr I tend to agree with you on the public vaping. Maybe there should be an additive in the ejuice that turns the vapor pink or something, so people can tell them apart. lol But that still wouldn't help people to understand the difference.
Contributor
Progress to next rank:
38%

us
Smoke Free Since:
01 Feb 2012
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:52 pm
If it was 15 years ago when smoking was permitted in restuarants and stores, then vaping in public would not be a big deal! I remember when I was younger and would walk into a grocery store with my step dad, he was a Merit chain smoker and would smoke all through the store. He would even throw his butt on the floor and step on it??? Crazy, I know, but that is the way it was then...lol. :lol: Boy have times changed!! I'm afraid to even puff on my ego anywhere in public!!

Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
64.2%
Has liked: 569 times
Been liked: 324 times

usa
Smoke Free Since:
31 Dec 2011
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:56 pm
Yea I remember the same exact thing! They stomped them out on the floors inside grocery stores and on people's porches or sidewalks. I remember stepping on a lit cig at the public swiimming pool at least twice! Things do change, don't they??
Contributor
Progress to next rank:
38%

us
Smoke Free Since:
01 Feb 2012
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:04 pm
avaper2 wrote:Things do change, don't they??
Yes they do!! When I still smoked analogs, I was at my son's baseball game smoking outside away from the bleachers, and was still getting dirty looks and choking faces from people??? :shock:

Next