Board index Electronic Cigarettes General Vaping Discussion best wick material for flavor

best wick material for flavor

All things electronic cigarette: your favorite e-cigs, e-liquids, mods or what you're vaping right now. Get it all out there!

Contributor
Progress to next rank:
58%
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 52 times

usa
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:54 am
Since so many of us are rebuilders now, what has been the best choice for wicks. Silica, Cotton, Poly or ???
The flavor has dropped of so fast is the attys I'm getting I don't want to build any with what they are using.
Heroic Vaper
Progress to next rank:
35.2%
Has liked: 2625 times
Been liked: 3227 times

United States
Smoke Free Since:
28 Dec 2011
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:57 am
kimbo wrote:Since so many of us are rebuilders now, what has been the best choice for wicks. Silica, Cotton, Poly or ???
The flavor has dropped of so fast is the attys I'm getting I don't want to build any with what they are using.

personally i like silica best. SS mesh is good too but I just prefer not only the flavor on my Penelope but the way it vapes. I don't know if it is just me but sometimes first thing in the morning the genisis style is a little harsh on my throat. I am sure everyone has their own opinions though. I hear a lot of people say SS mesh offers the best flavor but there is just something about silica I really like. I still use my Genesis' though but if I had to pick just one it would be the Penelope.
Olympian Vaper
Progress to next rank:
41.9%
Has liked: 1502 times
Been liked: 1105 times

US
Smoke Free Since:
29 Jan 2012
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:31 am
So far all I've had the pleasure of using is the silica. It's worked well for me so far. ;)
Advanced Contributor
Progress to next rank:
58.5%
Has liked: 198 times
Been liked: 65 times

USA
Smoke Free Since:
28 Sep 2012
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:29 am
I'm not even sure what I've used. But then again I'm not using an rba either. Anyone know what is in the kanger t2?

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
67.3%
Has liked: 1103 times
Been liked: 736 times

Smoke Free Since:
30 Jan 2012
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:52 am
The Kanger's got silica, as do most (maybe all) clearomizers. I think silica's great, too. But stainless steel has provided me with the best flavor, personally. As long as that puppy's wet and coiled well, it's delicious!

I haven't tried cotton, but I hear great things.
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
3.3%
Has liked: 1239 times
Been liked: 974 times

United States
Smoke Free Since:
22 Sep 2012
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:16 am
I've recently delved into starting to rebuild my clearomizer coil heads... I've found that 100% cotton yarn is the cheapest, and works pretty well. I've been told to use the "peaches 'n' cream" brand, and then boiling the segments of yarn for 15 minutes before using it. The flavor is pretty good, but not quite as good as what comes in the clearomizers when purchased (silica?) It's a little tricky to thread also, but after 1-2 times, I can easily get 4 strands in NO problem. A main problem is, you cannot dry burn them without burning them to shreds. So, you just replace them! To dry burn then, you just remove the wicks, dry burn JUST the coils (be very careful! low voltage, pulsing only), and then reinsert new wick!)

Will sell myself for "likes", working overtime to pay for my hobby!
Elite Vaper
Progress to next rank:
25.8%
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 403 times

US
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:11 pm
I honestly love the taste of good cotton wicking. I use cheesecloth and honestly its usually a really clean taste unless you get impatient and fire it too soon. Once that sucker starts wicking though its stays wicking amazingly. SS is still the best flavor wise though.