Rebuild a Dual Coil Vivi Nova
This is kind of a sequel to a tutorial I posted on how to rebuild a Vivi Nova head. Enjoy!
Sitting around rather bored this evening I decided to try and build something I caught a glimpse of on the old intraweb! I have never vaped a Dual Coil anything before this evening, so I had no idea what the heck I was in for. Anyways, here it is:
I started off with two pieces of cotton wick #1/0 and two pieces of 32 guage Kanthal A-1 resistance wire.
Just like in the other tutorial I have here on rebuilding the Vivi Nova head I used a needle to help me hold the wick and I wrapped the coil around it. Instead of 4 or 5 wraps though, I had to have 7 wraps to get my resistance wire on par. What I learned is that by adding the second coil my resistance dropped in half. Okay, lesson learned 😉 So I wrapped two coils on both pieces of wick.
And I ended up with these:
I know this pic is a little blurry, but I hope you can see the important part of this build. When you lay the two wicks down you will see one side has the wire on top of the wick and the other side has the wire running underneath it. You want to make sure that both wicks are laying the same way. Keeping a little distance between the two wicks, so they touch each other. Take one side and twist the wires together.
Once that side is down go ahead and twist the other two legs together. This will leave you with two legs that fit down inside the head for your positive and negative connections.
Once that is done you need to carefully insert the two legs down into the head:
Then you very, very carefully need to slide the wicks down into the slot without letting the coils touch the sides, or each other! HAHAHAAA I hated this part!!!
Then you pull one leg over to the side, insert the grommet, then pull the other leg to the other side and insert the final metal piece locking down both your connections. I didn’t show each and every little step here. If you need to know those steps I would recommend you take a look at the other tutorial I have here on building the head. It’s pretty much the same with a few differences like the ones I have posted here.