OKC News Reports E-Cigarette Cause of ‘Explosion’
Oklahoma City’s KOCO has reported that local police determined an e-cigarette was the cause of an ‘explosion’ at an apartment complex in Oklahoma City. According to the report, an e-cigarette under a desk in the front office of the complex overheated and exploded. Fortunately, no serious harm or fire resulted. One apartment complex employee was taken to the hospital after inhaling fumes from the explosion, but checked out in good condition shortly after.
The event occurred early Tuesday and in consideration of the Boston Marathon attacks yesterday, terrible timing for anything to be mentioned in the same sentence as the word ‘explosion’. It’s also poor timing considering the current fight that is going on in the Oklahoma state legislature to prevent e-cigarettes from being regulated and taxed as a tobacco product. It’s our hope that the tendency of the media to sensationalize negative e-cigarette stories won’t cause this one to grow into something more than it is, especially in the current media frenzy.